The first record of the establishment of the Reformed Faith in Alexandria dates from the year 1798 when John Dietrick Aurandt, a young man inspired by the Gospel and studying for the Ministry, began his pastoral work as an itinerant preacher. However it was not until 1846 that the plot of land our church presently resides on was deeded over to the German Reformed Church of which we descend. In 1851, our present church building was erected. Since then, our church has survived through several denominational shifts by virtue of mergers and in present day remains ardent in her faithfulness to God’s Holy Word. We presently celebrate our Reformed tradition and our affiliation with the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference.