The Christian Faith
Christ Reformed Church affirms the doctrine contained within the historic Christian creeds connecting us with the history of God’s Church, specifically the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed. Our Christian faith contains the essential affirmations of the Trinity, the humanity and deity of Christ, forgiveness in Christ alone.
A Reformed Congregation
As a Reformed congregation, we affirm the summary doctrines of the Protestant Reformation:
- Sola Scriptura – The Bible is the only inspired, inerrant, infallible and authoritative Word of God written and as such, is the final authority in matters of faith and practice.
- Sola Fide– By Faith alone we are justified (or made righteous in God’s sight) in accordance with Christ’s righteous imputed onto us which is the gift of God.
- Sola Gratia – Our salvation is not in accordance to any foreseen work or faith, but is wholly the grace of God applied to us by the Holy Spirit.
- Solus Christus – There is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved other than the name of God’s only Son Christ Jesus our Lord, who is the only mediator between God and man.
- Soli Deo Gloria – Our chief purpose in life is to bring glory to God in all that we say, think and do while enjoying Him forever.
In addition, our doctrinal standards are encompassed within the Heidelberg Catechism. Written in 1563 for the instruction of God’s people, this teaching tool guides us in our understanding of the essentials of the Christian walk and begins by cutting right to the heart, asking one of life’s most important questions, “What is your only comfort in life and death?” The answer and the questions that follow guide our faith and life closer to our Lord Jesus.
For more information on the Heidelberg Catechism,
check it out at http://www.heidelberg-catechism.com/en/
A Congregationalist Body
We are also a member in the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference, whose Statement of Faith proclaims:
- We believe the Bible consisting of the Old and New Testament, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
For more information on the 4Cs, check out their website at http://www.ccccusa.com